Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Orbana Healthy Energy Drink Review

While on my training camp in Florida (which you can read more about here!), I had the opportunity to try out Orbana Healthy Energy drink mix.



Typically, I do not take in my calories from liquids. I prefer gels, water, and food. I decided to give it a go, and really use it on my training camp. Knowing that I did 45 hours of training in 8 days, I took in a LOT of nutrition.
 
I brough an entire box of Orbana to Florida. I was unsure what I would think, because I am not a sports drink person.

Taste: This stuff tastes like a light pineapple citrus. It is NOT too sweet, which I loved. It did not taste  like salt (which some drinks do). I really enjoyed it, and found it suprising easy to drink! It was a light flavor, which I liked!

Performance: I like how even I felt when I was drinking it. I didn't feel the highs and lows of taking in gels (or soda, which is my typical drink on the road!). I just felt consistenetly good. For many reasons, I recovered quickly from my workouts, but I really beleive that the rides that I drank Orbana helped me bounce back faster.

Nutrition: Below is the nutrition claims from their website. I will say that I was impressed with the ingredients and the quality of the product.

Packaging: I had a box of little packets. When you are living out of a hotel room, and spending the entire day on the bike, it was great to just throw them in my pocket. Then, I can just refill on the go!

Overall: I would love to keep on using this product. I think it is great for a long distance athlete! I hope to put it to the test even further in my upcoming training!

No comments:

Post a Comment