In this addition of meet my crew, you guys get to meet my awesome coach\! I have been woking with him for a few years now. He has brought me through my first marathon, a few 70.3's, 4-140.6's, taking over an hour off of my 140.6 time, decreasing my half marathon time, and now leading up to the double IM. He also coaches my husband George, who is a very successful athlete. I am incredibly excited that he and his wife decided to come to Tampa for this race!
1. Give a quick introduction of yourself:
My name is Coach Will Dillard. I coach cyclists, triathletes, and runners of all abilities from beginner to world class competitors in National and World Championships.
I hold the following national certifications:
USA Cycling Elite Level 1 Coach
USA Track & Field Level II Coach
Road Runners Club of America Certified Coach
Training Peaks Certified Coach
Heart Zone ® Blue Jersey Indoor Cycling Coach
Affiliate Member of American College of Sports Medicine
2. How do you know Kacie?I am her coach.
3. What is your favorite type of ice cream?Ben & Jerry’s New York Super Fudge Chunk
4. If you could fill an empty swimming pool with anything, what would it be?Banana Pudding
5. What is your greatest athletic accomplishment?Helping athletes of all levels reach goals they never imagined possible.
6. What is one "creepy crawly" animal that you can't stand?None, remember I am the slayer of spiders and other creepy crawlers J
7. Give us 3 words to describe you:Dedicated, dependable, honorable
8. If you were stranded on a desert island, who would you bring with you?Probably “Wilson” from the movie Castaway.
9. If you could only eat 1 meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?Southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas and cornbread, and sweet tea.
10. Do you have any secret talents? Party tricks? Hilarious jokes? Tell us!I can wiggle my ears.
11. If you were given a yaht, what would you name it?I would prefer a sailboat over a yacht but I would name it NIKAO, which is the Greek word for victory or success and the basis of the word NIKE that we all know and love J
12. What do you think is the worst Halloween candy?Probably candy corn
13. If you could have one super power, what would it be?The ability to fly
14. If you were a professional wrestler, what would your stage name be?Mr. Wrestling 3 (since there have already been 2, and no. 1 was my favorite)
15. Crunchy peanut butter or creamy?Crunchy
16. Would you rather spend a month is Antarctica or Death Valley?Antarctica
17. What is your favorite kind of music? (there might be a playlist in the making, so feel free to add all you want!!)Like all kinds except RAP, which isn’t really music but just fast talking.
18. What is your next athletic adventure?Probably a half-marathon or maybe a triathlon.
19. If Kacie were to make a treat during her taper, what would you like to have around for 24+ hours during the race?Brownies
20. What are you most looking forward to on the crewing adventure with Kacie?Watching the culmination of approximately 258 hours of training (~24-25 hours/week) since December 5, 2011 as Kacie crosses the finish line and earns the title of “UltraIronman”