Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Registered for Double Ironman





That's right! Two times the fun, right?!

Ok, here's the thing. I really really really like long races. I actually don't get all that excited for the shorter ones at all.

During Rev3 Cedar Point, I just kept on thinking that I loved being out there all day. It took me a really long time to feel tired....

George always teases me that there is no award for "I could have kept on going" at the end of a race.  The options are 1.Go faster or 2. Go longer.

I like #2. A lot.

So, I am signed up for this.

And I am really excited for it. It is going to be a huge challenge in both the training and the race.

It starts at 7 am on Friday February 24th in Tampa, FL, and you have 36 hours to complete it.

It is 4.8 miles of swimming in a pool.

224 miles of riding. It is a looped course, so I will see my crew a lot, and I will be taken care of throughout the race.

52.4 miles of running. Again looped, and I will be able to have my crew pace me on the run.

Here's my little bio on the website (I'm actually 28, but hey, who's counting!):



Here's the thing. I get it. It's crazy. But there is crazier stuff out there. This is just my level of crazy.

I am excited/nervous/anxious, but I can't WAIT to give it my all and see what I can do!



11 comments:

  1. CANNOT WAIT to follow this journey haha. Sounds awesome fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it... you are amazing girl - keep doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my crazy-in-a-good-way friend! I heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! I don't know what is crazier - the double Ironman or having to count off 4.8 miles of laps in a pool. haha! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fantastic. My parents live in Tampa, so maybe I need to coordinate a trip that weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents are also in Tampa, so maybe I can come cheer you on! Oh, and while a double Iron is nuts...4.8 miles in a pool has got to take the nutty cake! You are a better *IRON* woman than me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks extremely cool. The pool swim, not so much, but everything else, COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting!! If you need ANYTHING let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll (probably) get to hang out with the legendary Eileen Steil down there. I'm playing with the idea of coming down to cheer for parts of it; I know a lot of the Americans that are doing it, and you're all crazy. Imma start sending good luck vibes your way now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow thats awesome. One thing I can tell you is that my wife did a marathon on a 1 mile loop, and long looped races you have to find the mental spot where you can see new things on each pass of a loop or it will get mindnumbing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pool really is not that bad. Its clean, outdoors, warm and 50 meters. Plus they count the laps for you. Just swim until they tell you to stop. See you down there

    ReplyDelete